About Coronavirus – COVID-19
We’re here for you, your family and our community.Walker Baptist Medical Center works closely with the Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to respond to any potential novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in our area. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we take every precaution to keep you, your family, our staff and our community safe.
Our COVID SAFE StandardsCOVID SAFE standards are built upon deep clinical expertise from previous crises and on-going management of COVID-19, as well as continuous incorporation of CDC, CMS and State recommendations. They are a rigorous combination of infection prevention processes, training, testing, personal protective equipment and technology. Our COVID SAFE standards includes six components:
- Distinct COVID SAFE and COVID CARE Zones – separate areas with clear signage and protocols
- Rigorous Physician and Staff Protocols – daily screening, universal masking and access to PPE
- Heightened Sanitization – enhanced cleaning of surfaces and plenty of hand sanitization stations
- Access to COVID-19 Testing – send out testing available through emergency room provider services; rapid testing for patients, physicians and staff, if required
- Precautions for Patients and Visitors – provision of face masks, hand sanitizer and physical distancing
- Enhanced Virtual Access – virtual care, remote monitoring and connectivity with loved ones
- All outside groups and other events are canceled until further notice.
- Entry into care sites is being limited. Anyone who enters will be screened carefully and requested to sanitize their hands.
As A Community Built on Care, we are here for you when you need us. For more information about novel coronavirus, go to the CDC website.
See a Provider Now
Scheduling & Visitor Information
We have been adjusting our actions as the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves.
COVID-19 Information for Persons with Disabilities
We know there are many questions, especially from those we care for that have disabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to questions about COVID-19.
Supporting Our Community
Sign Up for Health Tips
Learn about upcoming events and health topics such as weight, pain, heart and more.